While most of us are on lockdown, one thing that we are going to have is a lot of time on our hands! To keep yourself busy, why not tackle spring cleaning your home? You won’t find a better opportunity to do so! In this post, we are going to provide you with some helpful tips on spring cleaning your property while on lockdown.
- Make a schedule – The first place you need to start is by scoping out your property. You need to figure out what areas of your home are going to require the most work. Which areas do you usually skip when you are doing your spring cleaning routine? These are the areas that are going to be best for you to start. You also need to make sure you have a plan so you stay focused on the task at hand.
- De-clutter – In terms of getting down to action, you always need to de-clutter first. This will make you more efficient and will help to keep everything organised. More than that, clutter can get you down. It signals that your work is not done. This can make it a mental struggle for anyone who is within their home for an extended period of time. Plus, this psychological stress combined with the scientific implications of inhaling dust can all take its toll. There is no better time to tackle those dreaded junk drawers than now!
- Use this time to go green with your cleaning – Rather than exposing yourself to toxins and chemicals, it’s better to opt for green cleaning methods. This can be a lot easier than many people realise. Investing in a steam cleaner is a good place to start. However, if you don’t have that sort of money to spare at the moment, don’t worry. You can make your own natural cleaning combinations, for example, a mixture of water, baking soda, and white distilled vinegar work well.
- Always work from top to bottom – An important tip when you are cleaning your home is that you should always work from top to bottom. It is vital to start from the ceiling and work downwards. This means that the debris is going to be forced downwards, which will stop you from having to re-clean or re-dust your space. If you have an extension hose on your vacuum, use this to get to the dust and cobwebs from your fans and ceilings first.
- Look for small changes – Last but not least, make small changes in order to make the area feel fresh and light for spring. For example, you can easily change up a space by adding some new colourful cushions.
So there you have it: some tips on how to spring clean your property while you are on lockdown. If you follow the advice that has been provided, you will end up with a home that is gleaming! After all, if we are spending all our time at home during lockdown we want it to be nice and clean. So, it’s time to put your free hours to best use!